Friday, April 12, 2013

Beginnings

I've been thinking about doing a blog for a while. I don't have a writing bug or anything, but I do have opinions, ideas, and recipes that I want to share. So here they are.

I chose the name for the blog because it fit with the fits with what I want to talk about. I'm a blue-collar guy who likes to cook. However, after I put 10-plus hours on the shop floor, I don't want to spend another two in the kitchen making dinner. I also want healthier and cheaper options than takeout, delivery, or frozen meals.

I realize there will often be a tension between saving time, saving money, and eating healthily. I don't live your life so I'm not going to judge you for using canned chicken broth or frozen chopped onions. (I do it all the time.) I'll try to keep my recipes flexible enough to use ingredients you buy at the store, but I'll also tell you how to make your own if you want.

So, enough of the introduction. Let's get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment