Friday, April 12, 2013

Pasta é Fagoli

You basic pasta with beans. I adapted the recipe from Eat This... It'll Make You Feel Better (by Dom DeLuise). It's one of my usual make-ahead-for-lunch recipes. When I reheat it, I usually add a little more water because the pasta has absorbed most of it.

Pasta é Fagoli

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 14-oz can vegetable broth
  • 1 14-oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 14-oz can cannelli beans
  • 8 oz small dried pasta (elbow, ditalini, or similar)
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil on low-to-medium until shimmering. Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until it is fragrant and slightly browned.
Add the broth, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cannelli beans.
Cook the pasta as directed on the box and drain. Mix with the tomato/bean sauce and enjoy!

Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you entering the world of food blogging! And this looks like a lovely warming recipe for a cold day.

    Best wishes,

    Catherine

    NB - This is Catherine from Cate's Cates, but for some reason, I am not being permitted to comment either via Wordpress or via Open ID

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed we announced simultaneously at Slactiverse, so I added you to my blogroll.

      Delete